I dub thee "Shaggy"

Day one in Yellowstone wasn't a big bear day. (Not that day two was either) I seen one Black Bear cub and couldn't get a good photo of it as I was stopped on the road with no where to pull over. I snapped a quick shot of it in the shade as it was walking away from me. Not worth posting the photo of so I wont. (see how I am) Day two I seen two count them TWO Black Bears. One was petty far away but the photos turned out okay-iish so I will post one for the first photo of this blog. see if you can find it. The second one was much, much closer and I was able to get some really good shots of it eating Ants, Termites and or Grubs. (I wasn't that close to see what it was eating) It tore into a log at one point and was digging in the ground as well as walking along logs and eating something. Now the Title of this post is me naming something "Shaggy" It was this Bear. One look at it and you'll know why I named it that. I don't know if its a male or female, its young and most likely not of breeding age either, anyway. Enjoy!
Several of the people that were there swore that this was a grizzly, I would let them know that this was a Black Bear in the cinnomon phase. One guy just wouldn't listen. Finally I asked him how many Grizzlies he had seen, his response was "This is my first one." I lowered my camera and told him "Then you still haven't seen a Grizzly because this is a Black Bear" Then pointed out that there was no "Hump" Which is a muscle mass and that the ears are to big and the muzzle is tan. All thngs that tell you its a Black Bear. I don't think he liked that and he moved down from me. I later heard some one else tell him the same thing and he left right after that. (Some peoples kids SMH) Anyway here are some more NON Grizzly photos.
Well that is all for this post, I am heading home tomorrow with a stop by my Brothers campsite for some fishing. Should be home sometime Friday a.m. and back to work on Saturday... Be happy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random photo blog #1

We interrupt part #2 of "Trip to Turnbull" sort of, yeah its like that