Birds of prey/raptors pt 1 baby owls

yeah it's about time right? well here is the first one in the series. I'm focusing on baby owls as they are always one of my favorite things to take pictures of and babies are always cute. So sit back and please enjoy..
this is one of two baby burrowing owls that I have found. the other is camera shy and didn't want anything to do with me. Someone has posted the location of these owls on some bird site and there has been a lot of people hanging around taking photos. I have located two other neat areas but I'm not telling anyone where to find them. some people have no respect for the birds or the pricey of other people's lands.
The above photos are of a baby great horned owl. I have been taking photos of it's parents for a couple of years now. they have gotten used to me to the point where if I wake them they just go back to sleep. I'm okay with that really. My next scheduled post will be on a mixed bag of raptors, but there may be a post or two from Yellowstone/Grand twins thrown in there as well. I'm leaving the afternoon off the 8th to hunt down my sister whom ii haven't seen in a long time of course I'll be packing my cameras for all the goodies I will see along the way. but I'm really looking forward to seeing my sis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random photo blog #1

We interrupt part #2 of "Trip to Turnbull" sort of, yeah its like that

I dub thee "Shaggy"